Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pork chop apple cider glaze with rosemary!

Last night I made pork chops! Found this recipe about a year ago and it's super easy! I cook this at least once every week or so. I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com by chef John! I switched an ingredient around since I didn't have it but will give you the recipe step by step!




I took 4 thick pork chops (seasoned it with black pepper and garlic salt) and cooked it for 5-7 min on each side (medium high heat) in a large skillet with a little bit of veggie oil and butter. Make sure your butter starts to turn brown first! After that take them off the skillet and transfer the chops to a plate.

Put the pan back on the stove on medium high and toss 2-3 minced garlic cloves in there for 30 seconds. After that add about 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. Then add 1 and 1/3 cup of apple juice. You can now turn the stove on high, cook the sauce for 3-5 min. I then added about 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard, the recipe said Dijon but I didn't have any available at the house and it still tastes DELISH with the yellow mustard! Add a few teaspoons of chopped up Rosemary and a pinch of red chili flakes. Let this boil and then you can turn down the heat a bit until the sauce thickens. After that, add the chops back in and cook for another additional 2-3 min on each side. And that's it! Super simple and easy!! I also had time to make a simple salad. This time just a bag of mixed spring greens, i grated fresh parmigiano reggiano on top and added a few croutons. Then I used the trader joes brand salad dressing which is the Tuscan Italian dressing with balsamic vinegar. And of course I ended my night with a glass of vodka and cherry 7up :) cheers!!




LOVE,
L


No comments:

Post a Comment