Friday, May 10, 2013

Thai cravings

Alright!! I promised you guys I would be back if I went out again! =) So tonight after working my typical 2 jobs, I was craving Thai food. Since my boyfriend and I are both on totally opposite diets we tend to not agree on the same foods. I need my carbs but he wants healthy and green. We decided to stay in our neighborhood and keep it low key tonight since it is a Friday night and everywhere you go it WILL be crowded!!


If you want a better view of my food pictures, try clicking on them and the picture will load it to a bigger view =)



WHERE: Chiang Mai
WEBSITE: http://chiangmaipdx.com
ADDRESS: 3145 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Portland, OR. 97214 (http://chiangmaipdx.com/location.php ; there you will find the hours of operation also)
PRO: reasonable prices and super authentic.
CON: Trying to find some parking may suck




*This little gem is located on the corner of 32nd on Hawthorne. I honestly have no complaints about this restaurant. They are awesome, sweet and everything I love about a small local business. If you've ever been to an asian household, everyone there will make you feel like you're at home and will feed you till your little heart can't handle it anymore. The service is always enjoyable when my boyfriend and I stop by or even with my friends. The waitress' and bardtenders make you feel wanted there. I love it when I go to a restaurant and they make you feel like you're wanted there than they don't want you there at all. But at the same time not over doing it jus tto make extra tips.


Since it was such a beautiful night, my night isn't complete till I've had my daily booze intake haha. The drink on the left is my boyfriend's sweetened Thai Iced Tea with lime and without milk and clearly you can see my beverage on the right. I love almost all Asian beers. They aren't as strong nor bitter than your average American beer. The "Singha" is your typical Thai beer out there and I think its pretty freakin good and simple. The Thai Iced Tea was only $2 my beer I believe was about 3 or 4 dollars?




To start we got the Thai beef salad also known as the "Num Tok" It came with grilled beef, shallots, mint, and green onion tossed with a spicy roasted rice and lime sauce and served with lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Its a mixture of salty and sweet. I can literally sit there for hours and eat this all night. And for only $9.50, thats a pretty good deal I think. If you have a chance to go here I would suggest you try it. Its simple yet so good.




This is the "Sai Oua" that my boyfriend ordered for $12.
It's a Northern-styke sausage made with chili, lemongrass, ginger, galangal root, kaffir leaf and turmeric slices that is served with a side of roasted peanuts, fresh ginger, shallots, mint, and sticky rice. It toally reminded me of what old asian men would be munching on while gambling lol. Weird right?




Lastly, I got the Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai for only $9.50
It comes with rice noodles stir-fried with shrimp, fried tofu, eggs, bean sprouts and garlic chives. My mom has always told me when you made her famous Pad Thai ( no i'm not Thai either) that she had put some ketchup in there for more tang and sweetness. You can definitely taste it when you order it. Especially smelling it is pretty easy to identify also.



Alright everyone, another post down another one to come... Thank you for all your support for whoever keeps up to date with my post and actually reads my nonsense foodness. =)



ADIOS!!!!!






L

No comments:

Post a Comment