Friday, May 10, 2013

I'M BAAAACCCKKKK!!!!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay. I told myself I would be back in December of last year and it has been WAY over due. A lot has happened within 2 years. From trying to find a new place to live, dealing with the move, taking care of a pup and finally bringing school back into my life. It sure has been a struggle for me but I did it! I even had a chance to finally finish school which is one HUGE weight off my shoulder for sure! Anyways, enough with the nonsense! Back to food it is!! Within those 2 years since my last post, I've been to so many awesome and local restaurants that I can't even start to name off the bat. I'm going to try my hardest to blog every time I've tried a "new" place that I haven't written about yet. Blah blah blah I know, I talk to much right?! "SHOW ME FOOD PICTURES NOW!!" you say! Ok, here it goes.....!!

LAST NIGHT: (May, 8th, 2013)
WHERE: UCHU Sushi & Fried Chicken
WEBSITE: http://www.uchusushi.com/
ADDRESS: 3940 North Mississippi Avenue
Portland, OR 97227
PRO: MONDAY THRU WEDNESDAY (HAPPY HOUR ALL DAY; 12PM - CLOSE)
CON: Crappy customer service (just keep scrolling down =) )






Round 1 on drinks =) I got the Lychee Rain. And it was delish! Even if the Lychee was from a can lol. It was Lychee puree, lemon juice, and Vodka for only $6. The sweetness of the Lychee does pair well with the vodka and the lemon juice doesn't make the cocktail tart what so ever.



On the left: Spider roll
Right: Spicy salmon roll
The spider roll could have been a little more crispier but I had a feeling our dishes had been sitting at the counter waiting for us to eat it but just took awhile to get to us. No other complaints about it. It was delish and cheap. Not bad for a 5 piece for only $5 during HH. I'm not a big fan of sushi, especially RAW. Its disgusting and slimy to me. But I must say the spicy salmon roll changed my mind here. It was the perfect amount of spice mixed with cucumbers, rice, and seaweed. For $4 you'll get 8 pieces!?



Udon with veggies: Ehhh, is all you are going to get with me. It contains Fish based broth with mushroom, seaweed, broccoli, green onion, & fish cake. The noodles were really good and gummy, how it should be. But wasn't impressed with their portion size for dinner. Since it was $8 I was expecting a little more noodles, it was basically full of carrots which wasn't listed as an ingredient.


Dynamite Roll: ($5; remember all these prices i'm listing are HH prices!) It contains Chef ’s choice assorted fish (tuna, salmon, hamachi, albacore) fried in tempura batter with tempura flake, topped with special sauce. Didn't get a chance to try this since my boyfriend downed the little 4 pieces for himself lol. =p



2 piece Chicken Wings ($4; NOT WORTH IT) It comes with 2 sauces. People that know me know me well, I don't cook often but I can damn well identify sauces pretty good. The top was a sweet chili sauce which taste identical to the bottled one and the bottom sauce had to be ranch. The disappointing part was that it takes 20 minutes to cook and another 15 minutes to cool. We waited all that time for 2 pieces?! If my boyfriend and I had known it was only two we would've ordered more than that haha. It was good though, but my ghettoness still comes out here and there and would rather go to POPEYES for some fried chicken HAHA!


The Pink Moon: My night isn't complete till I've had at least 2 drinks into my system =/ . But this time I wanted to try something tart. The Pink Moon had Plum Wine, Vodka, & Pickled Plums. HOLY SHIT! This sucker was strong and pickled, hense the word "PICKLED" lol I'm such an idiot. But it was good! The pickled plums reminded me of those sour plum candies you get from the asian store. And it was only $5!



Lastly, its DESSERT TIME!!


WHERE: SALT & STRAW (ALBERTA LOCATION)
WEBSITE: www.saltandstraw.com
ADDRESS: 2035 NE Alberta St Portland, OR.
PRO: OPEN UNTIL 11 PM everyday
CON: Over priced & over rated to me personally



Freckled Woodblock Chocolate. It wasn't bad nor was it great. It was sweet but not enough chocolate for me. It tasted WAY too healthy for me and I don't like that. I'm eating dessert and it should be soooo bad tasting for me and bad for my body lol. I guess it is the "thing to do" when you visit Portland, same as VooDoo donuts. The main reasons why I go here at times is because my boyfriend is paying for it and hes craving it lol! But 10.50 for 2 single scoops?! I'm sorry, I'll pass.




Overall, I give Uchu a 7 out of 10 in my book. I definitely would go there again but not anytime soon. Their service just ruined it for me. I don't know if its because I've been in the food industry for +10 years or what. But when no one greets you when you walk in or even asks you how you're doing after you get seated to " Oh are you ready to order?" than just pulling out your notepad and stand there with your pen and stare at us if we can read your mind that you want us to order from you or what. But its not right. My first cocktail had literally been empty for over 15-20 minutes no one came to us to see how our food was doing or if out food even tasted good. When our waitress finally realized both our glasses are empty she ask, "are you ready for the check now?" Bitch, I've been waiting for you to order a second one still. I bit my tongue and politely asked her, "no, but i would like to order a Pink Moon then get our check after." Took another 15 min or more just for that drink also. But when she noticed my card she was on it like a hawk spotting a mouse or something. DONE AND DONE. That transaction was done QUICK. I just hope she was having a bad day. Because you sure made my stressful long day at the clinic feel 10 times worse.


Ok, enough of my jibber jabber for the night. This first post back is quite longer than the rest but I hope you guys enjoyed it. I try to write everything that is on my mind and not have to edit much and make it sound super "professional" with big words and crap. Because i know when i like to read about everyones post, I want to UNDERSTAND it than have my dictionary.com handy HAHA!



GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE! UNTIL NEXT TIME.....

No comments:

Post a Comment