Friday, May 13, 2011

Saucebox Cafe & Bar (5/11/11 - Wednesday)



SAUCEBOX, how I onced loved you oh so much!! Everyone that knows me, knows how much I loved this place til I found out they've had at least over 3 new managements within a few months. And it all explains why the food wasn't the same anymore and was never consistant. Even down to the drinks (I'm referred as an alcoholic to my family and friends; sad I know LOL!)



Well, first I'll start off with the good things:



FOOD: I love the thai beef salad, pulled pork udon, pork crispy rolls, french fries, and the shrimp fried rice. These are probably my usuals that I get everytime i'm there! LOL! It sounds like alot, well it is! BUUUT! They're smaller portions. These dishes that I listed are FULL of flavors!

DRINKS: The Kick boxer (thai infused vodka, raspberry puree, and I believe passion fruit puree also in this delish cocktail!), The Orchid (MY FAV!! It has absolut kurant, blueberry puree, lemon lime and cranberry juice. A nice deep purple color to it), & the Shiso Lovely (vodka muddled with shiso leaves, mango, lychee and lemon- lime).



Now time for the bad things:

First things first, the food isn't the same. It actually makes me really sad only because I've been going here for over 5 years. So once I find something I like, I stick with it. Also, the down side is they've taken half of the items off the menu. The thai beef salad is a no no for me, the flavor is still there but bad choice in mixed greens. They use to just put lettuce in it, but now its pieces after pieces of bitter greens which totally makes me loose my appetite. The udon is no longer on the menu but luckily the fries and crispy egg rolls are still on there! But they've been so stingy on the portions! (very little now; over 4 dishes to myself makes me so full to a point where i have to share my food with friends but now i'm lucky if i leave satisfied and full with 4 or 5 dishes.





The picture above is the "cocktail of the day." I don't know if you guys have seen it but do you know how small those cheap champagne glasses are you see at weddings or at party city? Well , thats how small these drinks are now BUT only for the "cocktails of the day" I guess times are tough for everyone?



I probably won't go back anytime soon, until I hear better things about it and it has improved! But I do LOVE running into my customers that work there though =)



My RATINGS: 70% out of 100%


Alrighty peeps! I hope you've enjoyed reading my first "official" food blog haha! Let me know what you think, and I promise you I won't be offended =) I do looooove hearing what people have to say. Don't worry, after this blog, I will start documenting more of my food so I can post it up for you guys!


♥L

1 comment: