Monday, May 23, 2011

Jade Teahouse & Patisserie (Friday May 20th, 2011)

Hey kiddos!!



I'm finally back for another update! =) Sorry its been maybe a week since i last updated. But you know how it is... when you're trying to move out to a new location, all your money is being saved up. So mommy's home-cooked meals and fast food take outs it is! =) ANYWAYS!! This isn't a new place that i've discovered recently. I was introduced to this yummy place by my sister and a close friend last year.





And this place is called..... JADE TEAHOUSE.
address: 7912 SE 13th Avenue Portland, OR 97202 (SELLWOOD)
hours: CLOSED on Mondays. Tue-Sat 11am-9pm; Sun 12pm-6pm




I don't even know where to begin. My mouth waters everytime I think about this place! I actually haven't had their tea selections yet, BUT their food is AMAZING!! Its sorta americanized for an asian style restaurant. But the food is very authentic!

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of our first 3 dishes because if you knew me like my friends do, I will KILL anything in front of my face when i'm hungry =/ haha! And thats exactly what happened.. I didn't realize I didn't take a picture of it until my plate was empty! darn! Next time though!

ANYWAYS! Here is the first picture of one of my favorite dishes there...


Special Pork Vermicelli Salad
. $12
rice noodles, lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumber, jicama, mint and cilantro topped with toasted rice garlic shredded pork, spring rolls, and crushed peanuts.
^Its super flavorable. And brings me back to my childhood when my mommy would always make this at least once a week but minus the spring rolls! I just love how all the herbs go so well together with the fishy sauce, gummy noodles and the peppery pork! =)



FRIED CATFISH
. $12


My second favorite thing there! You really have to eat this right away because the sauce will make the fried fishy soggy!

The fried catfish sits on top of curry sauce with some sauteed spinach in it. Served with a side of white jasmine rice. The catfish stinks. And I usually dislike fish. BUT this baby I will eattt!!!! It makes my little heart dance in a circle till it can't dance no more.





And the LAST item... that I will never leave Jade till I get my hands on it is... the... Vietnamese Wedding Cake
.


Its a pandan flavored cake that is light and soft with a layer of toasted coconuts! This makes every organ in my body dance and sing x1000 inside my little petite body. No words can describe it! And for $4 a slice, its pretty darn good!



price range: $$, Some stuff are at decent prices. But I'm not going to lie, some will be over-priced with smaller portions! =( boooooooo!!

My ratings: 90% out of 100%




I would love to hear what you have to say about this place also if you've been here or need any suggestions on what to order here. Or just simply have questions. Please feel free to ask away!



EAT, DRINK, AND DRINK SOME MORE. =) = Thats my rule, and that should be yours also ;)













CHEERS TO GOOD FOOD, DRINKS, AND GOOD COMPANY ♥


♥ ♥ L

No comments:

Post a Comment